REMINDER – The deadline for receipt of nominations and all supporting materials is December 7, 2023
The Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists invites nominations for two members of the Board of Directors.
The governance of the Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists (CRHSP) is based on an Excellence model. Its advantages are a smaller, strategically oriented Board of Directors with Directors chosen to enable achievement and development of strategic priorities. There is also a provision for Public members of the Board.
Information that may be helpful to prospective nominators and nominees are the following features:
- Broad authority is allocated to a Board of Directors that is ultimately accountable to the Members through the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Board is composed of five Registrant members and two Public members, plus a Representative from the National Register of Health Service Psychologists. The Officers are the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. A Public Representative may hold the position of Secretary or Treasurer. Other Officers shall be Registrants. The Officers shall be elected annually by and from among the members of the Board.
2. Members shall be appointed by the Board.
3. The current members of the Board and their respective terms are:
- Ms. Susan Nicholson, Public Representative (2020-2026)
- Dr. Donna Ferguson, Registrant (2020-2024)
- Dr. Jenny Keller, Registrant (2021-2024)
- Dr. Rick Parker, Registrant (2021-2024)
- Dr. Morgan T. Sammons, National Register (2021-2024)
- Mr. Mark Lawrence, Public Representative (2022-2025)
Mission and Objectives
In considering nominations, it will be helpful to keep in mind that the Canadian Register is a non-profit corporation that:
- identifies health service psychologists who meet prescribed educational and training requirements
- publishes and disseminates a register of health service psychologists to assist health service organizations, third party payers, and the general public
- promotes and protects the public’s access to qualified health service psychologists
- conducts periodic research
- develops and offers continuing education and other practice benefits
- maintains relationships with other provincial / territorial, national, and international psychological organizations to advance common goals
Criteria for Open Board Positions to be Appointed by the Board
There are two Registrant Board seats for which nominations are sought. Here are the criteria:
Registrant at all levels of experience including those early in their career.
- Ability to contribute actively to achieving the strategic priorities of CRHSP
- Strong interest in contributing to innovative developments in health care and / or emerging areas of practice
- Actively involved in the delivery of psychological health services to the public
- Participation in provincial / territorial or national psychology organizations
Submitting a Nomination
1. Self-nominations are welcome. Nominations may also be made by one or more Registrants, by Members, or by private or public sector organizations.
2. Each nomination must be accompanied by a CV, a statement signed by the prospective nominee agreeing to be nominated and to serve if elected, and a letter explaining how they meet the criteria for the Board seat for which they are proposed. In the case of persons being nominated by others, it is encouraged that the prospective nominee also submits their own statement of interest.
3. Deadline for receipt of nominations and all supporting materials is December 7, 2023.
4. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged. These should be sent to [email protected] with the word Nomination in the Subject line. For the signed statement agreeing to be nominated and to serve if elected, electronic signatures are acceptable in the form of a signature incorporated into the text or as an email message from the prospective nominee’s own email address.
Those submitting paper copy nominations should send them to:
Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists
PO 91570, RPO Mer Bleu
Ottawa, ON K1W 0A6
This Call for Nominations is being sent electronically to all Registrants who have provided an email address.