Psychologists with a doctoral degree may apply to become CRHSP Registrants. The profession’s credibility and the Register’s capacity to achieve its objectives require appropriate demonstration that the psychologists listed in the Register meet the eligibility criteria. The criteria were developed to reflect the current diversity of requirements for admission to practice psychology at the doctoral level in the various provinces and territories. As a result, the application form is comprehensive.
Become a Registrant
1. Review the Credentialing Requirements below.
2. Submit the application and any additional information that may be required (varies according to the eligibility criteria under which you apply).
3. If the Board of Directors rules that you are eligible, you will be invoiced for the listing fee. There is an annual fee for listing. Currently the listing fee is $295.00 plus tax. Annual renewals are usually sent to Registrants in September for the next fiscal year (December 1-November 30)
The online application form uses the generic terms ‘Member / Membership’. Please note that you will be applying concurrently to become (1) a CRHSP Registrant which will be the status granted on your certificate; and (2) for CR-NR membership, which will provide CR Registrants with the benefits (e.,g., free CE webinars and the Journal of Health Service Psychology) enabled by CRHSP’s partnership with its American counterpart, the National Register of Health Service Psychologists.
To qualify for the Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists credential, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be registered, certified, or licensed for the independent practice of psychology in the province or territory in which the person practices.
2. Have a doctorate degree acceptable to the regulatory organization in the province or territory in which you practice.
3. Have two years of acceptable supervised experience in psychological health service of which at least one year is post-doctoral and one year (may be a post-doctoral year) is in an organized health service setting. (total minimum: 3000 hours); or have attained four years (total minimum: 6,000 hours) of acceptable psychological health service experience.
For more detailed requirements, see the Credentialing Requirements page.
Fees and Renewals
Registrants pay an annual fee which is due upon approval of your application. The listing year runs from December 1 to November 30. Once your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted for listing, you will receive an invoice for the annual listing fee. Fees must be received before a certificate is issued.
Invoices for the annual listing fee are normally issued in September of each year to coincide with the listing year of December 1 to November 30.